Nutritional Counseling in Overland Park, KS
When under chiropractic care, nutritional counseling is frequently a major component of helping the body heal. Pain, ailments and disease are usually associated with poor nutrition. Eating healthy keeps your immune system working properly, and can work against any underlying damage due to foods that have too much sugar, or other unhealthy ingredients.
How to Maintain Good Nutrition
Here are a few tips:
- Eat fruit every day. This will help curb the want for sugar.
- Beans add protein and are filling. Vary the way you eat them and create great meals.
- Don’t forget your veggies! Double up at dinner time. Snacking on raw vegetables throughout the day can satisfy any cravings you may have.
- When you feel full, stop eating. Use portion control at all times.
- Make whole grains a part of your eating regimen.
- Eat at least two servings of low-fat dairy a day.
- Use alternative oils, such as canola and olive.
- Read labels and limit your saturated fat intake.
- Do not skip meals. Try and eat at least three meals per day.
- Drink water.
What are the Differences Between Good Nutrition and Dieting?
Good nutrition keeps your body regulated at all times. Dieting is for weight loss and varies based on the amount of weight you want to lose. Good nutrition can help you naturally lose weight, but contributes to total body wellness.
How can a Chiropractor Help with Nutrition?
Chiropractors usually aid patients in nutrition to help the healing process. Excessive weight puts stress and strain on the joints and muscles. Being an adequate weight helps balance things. Chiropractors can also recommend healthy supplements to assist on your wellness journey, recommending a healthy eating plan, incorporated with exercise and activities to develop successful behaviors.
Dr. Rebman utilizes Dr. Freddy Ulan's nutritional systems, which are specifically designed for chiropractors and their healing methodologies. Nutrition is part of our corrective care methodology, and we have a personal trainer and corrective exercise specialist on staff to ensure exercises are done correctly, working in conjunction with the recommended treatment plan.
Contact Our Local Chiropractor for Nutritional Counseling Today
We are more than happy to assist in your nutritional journey! Completing the treatment plan is just the first step to whole body wellness. We work to ensure you are healthy from a physical and whole body standpoint to improve your quality of life, range of motion, flexibility and weight. For more information on our nutritional counseling services, give us a call at (913) 648-8600 today!